Utah Labor Commission
Public Sector OSHA Consultation Services
HOW IT WORKS
Download our Consultation Request Form
No-Charge Service to Utah Public Sector/Government Entities
Utah Labor Commission Public Sector/Government OSHA Consultation Program (Utah OSHA Public Sector/Government Consultation) is available at no charge to public entity employers in the state of Utah.
Offering a Non-Penalty Approach
The function of Utah OSHA Public Sector/Government Consultation is to help identify safety and health hazards in the workplace and provide recommendations for correction. Our goal is to educate and assist employers and their employees in promoting safety and health in the workplace to prevent injuries and illnesses. Utah OSHA Public Sector/Government Consultation helps accomplish this without issuing citations or penalties.
Providing Helpful Assistance with Your Voluntary Participation
Our staff of experienced professional safety and industrial hygiene (health) consultants will assess your safety and health program. This includes identification of safety and health hazards in your workplace with recommendations to reduce or eliminate hazards, meet current safety and health regulations and develop an ongoing, effective safety (continued...)
The Sandy City Public Works Department currently has an outstanding safety program. As a matter of fact, the department has gone over 600,000 hours since its last lost time workplace injury. Since we have been very successful, most people would think that a safety inspection from an outside entity would be a waste of time. On the contrary, our greatest fear is that a sense of complacency would develop and bad habits would be brought into the workplace. Since no person or organization is perfect, Read more >>
Assistant Public Works Director
Employers Commitment to Safety and Health...
Employers must be committed to the elimination of safety and health hazards. With the commitment of eliminating safety and health hazards in the workplace and establishing a safety and health program, employers benefit from increased productivity, better morale and decreased workers' compensation and health care costs.
- A comprehensive safety and health walk-through survey, to help you recognize and correct hazards in your workplace to prevent injuries and improve productivity.
- Recommendations or options for solving workplace safety and health problems.
- Identify additional resources that are available in case you need further assistance.
- Provide you with a written report to summarize findings and recommendations.
- Assist you in developing and maintaining an effective safety and health program.
- Offer training and education for you and your employees at your workplace.
- Industrial hygiene assistance, noise measurements, air sampling and analysis.