UTAH LABOR COMMISSION OSHA CONSULTATION SERVICES
Download our Consultation Request Form
HOW IT WORKS
No-Charge Service to Utah Businesses
Utah Labor Commission OSHA Consultation Program (Utah OSHA Consultation) is available at no charge to Utah employers, with priority given to small business employers in high hazard industries.
Offering a Non-Penalty Approach
The function of Utah OSHA Consultation is to help identify safety and health hazards in the workplace and provide recommendations for correction. Our goal is to educate and assist employers and their employees in promoting safety and health in the workplace to prevent injuries and illnesses. Utah OSHA Consultation helps accomplish this without issuing citations or penalties.
Providing Helpful Assistance with Your Voluntary Participation
Our staff of experienced professional safety and industrial hygiene (health) consultants will assess your safety and health program. This includes identification of safety and health hazards in your workplace with recommendations to reduce or eliminate hazards, meet current safety and health regulations and develop an ongoing, effective safety and (continued...)
To Whom It May Concern,
I wanted to write and thank you for your recent help with Safety on our project. Your staff was so helpful in assisting us through some needed training and establishing increased awareness of safety with our people. We value our employees and want to provide them with the safest of work environments. Your willingness to come to our worksites and to provide an extra set of eyes to point out potential risks was extremely valuable. Read more >>
As an employer, I appreciate the consulting aspect of your agency. It removes the stigma that OSHA typically brings to a worksite.
We plan to continue to invite your agency to partner with us in providing a safe environment for our most valued asset — our people.
Employers Commitment to Safety and Health…
Employers must be committed to the elimination of safety and health hazards. With the commitment of eliminating safety and health hazards in the workplace and establishing a safety and health program, employers benefit from increased productivity, better morale and decreased workers’ compensation and health care costs.
- A comprehensive safety and health walk-through survey to help you recognize and correct hazards in your workplace to prevent injuries and improve productivity.
- Recommendations or options for solving workplace safety and health problems.
- Identify additional resources that are available in case you need further assistance.
- Provide you with a written report to summarize findings and recommendations.
- Assist you in developing and maintaining an effective safety and health program.
- Offer training and education for you and your employees at your workplace.
- Industrial hygiene assistance, noise measurements, air sampling and analysis.