- Home >
- Industrial Accidents
Industrial Accidents Division
Established by state law, the Industrial Accidents Division monitors and administers the workers' compensation program for the state of Utah. The Division’s sections are established to work with injured workers, employers, physicians, adjusters and attorneys on various injury and compliance issues. Rules, procedures and certain medical fees are established by the Division to ensure fair claims handling practices, compliance adherence and access to quality medical care.
- Claims Section
- Assists injured workers in resolving any disputes that they may have with their insurance carriers regarding their workers’ compensation benefits. Staff provides information, dispute resolution and mediation to try and resolve workers’ compensation disputes and return the injured worker as quickly as possible back to the workplace.
- Policy Section
- Monitors all businesses in the state to ensure that they are complying with the state requirement to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees and will investigate those that are not. For those that are eligible, waivers may be obtained.
- Uninsured Employers Fund (UEF) / Employers Reinsurance Fund (ERF)
- These funds are established to pay workers' compensation benefits to eligible uninsured injured workers and eligible permanently and totally disabled workers.
- Certain companies may qualify to self-insure their workers’ compensation claims, if they meet certain statutory requirements.
We welcome your questions or comments
- Quick Reference Guide & Grid
- Search the Medical Fee Standards
- Laws and Rules
- Guides & Pamphlets
- Attorneys for Claimants
- Records Requests
- Seminars and Training
- Small Business Insurance Carriers
- Employee Misclassification
- Corporate Exclusion