Wage Claim Unit
The focus of the Division's Wage Claim Unit is to administer and enforce certain State labor laws. These laws include:
- The payment of wages contained in Utah Code Annotated, §34-28-1
- The Utah Minimum Wage Act contained in Utah Code Annotated §34-40-101
- All State laws which govern the employment of minors.
The Wage Claim Unit processes, investigates, mediates, adjudicates and files judgments with respect to claims concerning the laws listed above. It also acts as a resource to employees and employers by answering over 40,000 inquiries per year, conducting educational seminars and distributing written educational materials.
The Wage Claim Unit has gained voluntary compliance through effective educational presentations. Alternative dispute resolution has also been used to effectively and timely resolve the payment of wages and other disputed matters.
Wage Claim Forms
- File your wage claim online
- Wage Claim Form | Forma de Asignación de Reclamo de Sueldo
- Instructions on How to File the Wage Claim Form | Instrucciones de Como Completar la Forma de Reclamo de Sueldos
Late Wage Claims (If you have been paid in full, but you claim that your employer was late in making the payment)
- Late Wage Payment Penalty Form | Forma de Reclamo de Multa por Pago Tardío de Sueldo
- Instructions on How to File Late Wage Payment Penalty Form | Instrucciones de Cómo Completar la Forma de la Multa por el Pago Tardío de Sueldo
Employment of a Minor
Items of Interest
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Interstate Labor Standards Association (ILSA)
- Federal Minimum Wage Information
We welcome your questions or commentsUtah Labor Commission/UALD
P.O. Box 146630
160 East 300 South, 3rd Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84111