- Home >
- Antidiscrimination and Labor >
- Occupations Considered Hazardous For Youth Under 18 Years of Age
Occupations Considered Hazardous For Youth Under 18 Years of Age
- Operation in or about establishments manufacturing or storing explosives or articles containing explosive components.
- Motor vehicle drivers and helpers (with exceptions).
- Coal mining operations.
- Logging operation of any sawmill, lath mill, shingle mill or cooperage-stock mill.
- Operation of power-driven woodworking machines.
- Jobs involving exposure to radioactive substances and to ionizing radiation.
- Operation of power-driven hoisting apparatus.
- Operation of power-driven, metal forming, punching and shearing machines.
- Operation connected with mining other than coal.
- Meat processing operations.
- Operation of certain power-driven bakery machines.
- Operation of certain power-driven paper-products machines.
- Manufacture of brick, tile and clay products.
- Operation of circular saws, band saws and guillotine shears.
- Wrecking, demolition and shipbuilding operations.
- Roofing operations.
- Excavation operations.
We welcome your questions or commentsAntidiscrimination & Labor Division
Labor Commission of Utah
160 East 300 South, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 146640
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6640
Phone: 801-530-6801 or 1-800-222-1238